Picasso Soft Tissue Laser
Dr. Stan Eisenberg, Dr. Cindy Bogdanoff, and the rest of our team at our Atlanta dental office are proud to introduce another piece of high-tech dental equipment brought in to better serve our great Atlanta patients: The Picasso Soft Tissue Laser!
This state-of-the-art piece is at the cutting edge of technology. This device is designed for a wide variety of oral soft tissue procedures that minimizes healing time and increasing patient comfort! Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized and wounds heal faster and with less swelling. The laser reduces the need for any sutures - and best of all - the only anesthesia required is topical (on a Q-tip) in most cases as well!
The PICASSO laser utilizes a solid state diode as a laser energy source. The energy is delivered to the operating area by means of a delivery system consisting of a flexible fiber connecting the laser source of the handpiece. The laser handpiece is sterilized in the autoclave and the handpiece tip utilized is single use and disposed of after each patient.
We are proud to offer this service to our patients for the following procedures:
- Treatment of canker (cold) sores, herpetic and aphthous ulcers: Lasers reduce the pain associated with the sores and minimize healing time
- Removal of diseased or inflamed soft tissue due to periodontal disease
- Disinfection of Periodontal pockets
- Frenectomy: Removal of muscle tissue that causes front teeth to have a “gap”, causes speech problems under the tongue, or creates recession of the gums
- Fibroma removal: Painless and suture-free removal from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips
- Operculectomy: removal of soft tissue/gum behind or surrounding a wisdom tooth
- Gingival troughing: for crown impressions instead of using a retraction cord
- Gingivectomy: reducing “gummy smile” or overgrowth of the gums.
If any of the above procedures sounds like something you are interested in, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (404)633-9633. If you prefer to make an appointment online, visit our appointment request page on our website by clicking here.